If you have been visiting the blog regularly, you might have seen the unboxing of the MegaSize RX-78-2 here. This post will focus on the review of the kit.
Not to spoil, but to set expectation–this kit is no Perfect Grade. Kit scale/size do not correspond always to a single/particular grade. To know more what is a Mega Size model, please click read more.
Manufacturer: Daban Model
Grade: Mega Size – Universal Century
Origin: Gundam 0079
Price: 1400PHP (as of posting).
Follow our page @ http://plamo.ph for news and promos! To view the review, click
Part 1: Head Unit
Part 2: Torso Unit
Part 3: Arm Unit
Part 4: Waist Unit
Part 5: Leg Unit
Part 6: Weapons and Add-ons
Part 8: TOBE GUNDAMU!
1/48 HG RX-78-2 Gundam
The kit itself can be categorized as a High Grade model. Setting the scale aside the kit shares the characteristics of an HG release.
- No inner frame
- Fixed and swappable hand effect parts
- Mostly 90-degree range of movement on the elbows and knees.
- Now has a simple mechanism on the upper thigh joint to allow twisting in line with the new HG releases.
You can almost debate that it is a no-grade 1/48 scale release.
MegaSized Novelty Release
This particular release is also somewhat commemorative of the 1/1 scale statue that Japan/Bandai made in the bid of the Olympics. Currently the 1/1 model is in front of Diver City Tokyo – Gundam Front.
- Comes with opening tool for separating connected parts.
- Details are great, panel lines are deep.
- Easy to build as parts are big and snaps easily.
- You may need to put in stoppers/grips on the foot. The kit slides due to it’s weight.
- Limited articulation on the elbows and knees.
If you’re a beginner and wants something huge, this is the kit that you should get. Plus, it is the original Gundam
If you want to see the full album, click the image below.
Interested? Head over to our Ordering Guide on how to place an order and of course if you want to see the FAQs and our Terms & Conditions.